• Marketing and Academic Services Department (MASD)
  • pengarah_aasd@um.edu.my
  • 03-7967 3282


1. How do I register courses for every semester?

Students register for courses through the website MAYA

2. When do I register courses?

A student is required to register for courses in accordance with the stage of programme of study that has been prescribed. The stage of study is determined by the number of credits that have been completed by the student as in the following:

Beginning stage (35 credits and below)
Middle stage (36-75 credits)
Final stage (76 credits and above)
New Student : Orientation Week

3. What is the maximum amount of credit hours that I can take per semester?

The maximum number of credits that can be taken by a student is 22 credits in the Normal Semester and 11 credits in the Special Semester. The number of credits does not include credits for the audit courses. In a semester where a student is placed under an Academic Probationary Period, the student concerned is not allowed to register for more than 15 credits for the Normal Semester and 9 credits for the Special Semester.

4. What happens if I don’t register for courses?

A student who does not register within the period prescribed for the semester concerned and fails to respond by Friday on the seventh lecture week shall be recorded as “Not Registered”. Students who fail to register continuously for a period of two (2) semesters with the University shall cease to be a student and his studies can be terminated.

5. Can I withdraw from semester for personal reasons?

Yes. A student is only allowed to withdraw from a semester after he has undergone at least one semester of his programme of study unless it is due to medical reasons. Application to withdraw from a semester must be made to the Dean of the Faculty. A withdrawal from a semester on personal reasons is only allowed for a period of two semesters throughout the duration of his study.

6. How do I apply for withdrawal from semester on medical reasons?

Application for withdrawal from a semester on medical reasons must be supported by a medical report issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner from the University Student Health Clinic/Government Hospital/University of Malaya Medical Centre/Teaching Hospital/Private Medical Centre or relevant documentary proof. Applications must be made to the Dean of the Faculty.

7. How do I apply for credit Transfer?

Applications must be made to the Dean of the Faculty of the programme of study no later than Friday of the fourth lecture week of the Normal Semester in accordance to the procedure prescribed by the University. Applications received beyond the specified period will be considered in the subsequent semester.

8. How do I apply for University/ Programme withdrawal?

Students can submit the University/ Programme Withdrawal through the website MAYA

9. Can I appeal for extension of the maximum period of study?

Yes. Student may write an official letter to the Dean of Faculty for further consideration and approval.

10. If I have issue during registration period because of technical error, late payment received via flywire or scholarship pending approval, how do I appeal for late self enrol and modul registration?

If students have any issue during registration and insufficient time to complete the registration, student may appeal for the late registration through you relevant faculty. Please be informed that the appeal with fine or without fine will be implement based on justification provided.

Last Update: 07/07/2023